Last revised June 27, 2016
This website infogovgroup.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Information Governance Group, LLC (“we” or “us”). The Site provides information related to the our legal and consulting services and other information related to data retention, management, and security issues (the “Services”).
We provide the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use the contents of the Site in any manner or for any purpose that would constitute infringement of our or our licensors’ intellectual property rights. You may not copy or post any content of the Site in any other public forum, including other websites, web services, or print publications without our written consent. You may download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site or documents available for download for your personal, non-commercial use. We or our licensors own all trademarks and service marks appearing on the Site. The unauthorized use or misuse of these trademarks and service marks is prohibited.
The following activities are expressly prohibited from the Site:
- Using or submitting any offensive content including, but not limited to, obscene language, obscene references, obscene images, threatening or harassing messages, or defamatory statements;
- Transmitting confidential information to us through the website or otherwise before you have entered into a formal agreement for legal services with Peter Sloan on behalf of Information Governance Group, LLC;
- Engaging in activity that compromises the Site, including, but not limited to, hacking, IP attacks, worms, viruses, spamming, phishing, cancel bots, Trojan horses, and mail bombing or crashing;
- Engaging in any activity designed to impede the use of the Site by other users, including overloading and flooding;
- Framing or deep linking into the Site; and
- Accessing the Site by means of automated processes, spiders, bots or similar devices.
Compliance with Laws
When using the Site, you must obey all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Site is operated from the United States. Any use of the Site that violates any applicable laws will be grounds for discontinuing your rights to access the Site.
Legal Services Disclaimer
You acknowledge that the information on the Site is provided for general information only, and that the information on the Site is not legal advice. You should consult with legal counsel to confirm current laws and how they may apply to you. Any delay in engaging legal counsel may result in the loss of some or all of your rights under the law.
Transmitting or receiving information through the Site does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you want Information Governance Group, LLC to represent you, please contact Peter Sloan of the firm. You should not send us any confidential information, through this website or otherwise, until after you have asked us to represent you and Peter Sloan of the firm has agreed to do so. We will perform a conflicts check before agreeing to represent you, and a prior client relationship or other conflict may prevent us from representing you. In addition, our clients sign an engagement letter with the firm that sets forth the terms of our representation and establishes an attorney-client relationship.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AND ANY REFERENCED THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ANY LINKS TO A THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER IS SUPPLIED AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU, AND LISTING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPONSORSHIP, AFFILIATION, PARTNERSHIP, OR ENDORSEMENT. INFORMATION GOVERNANCE GROUP, LLC DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR MATERIAL ON THE SITE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL INFORMATION GOVERNANCE GROUP, LLC OR ITS AFFILIATES, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITE, OR OF ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF INFORMATION GOVERNANCE GROUP, LLC IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify Information Governance Group, LLC and our affiliates, members, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, and you agree to defend and hold each of them harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, liability, fines, penalties and expenses, whether based on warranty, contract, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, that may arise from your use of the Site. Such acts may include, but are not limited to: submissions, unauthorized use of material obtained through the Site, or your breach of the terms of this Agreement.
Security of Email Correspondence
You acknowledge that any communication sent by email or over the internet may be intercepted by third parties who have no obligation to keep the communication confidential.
This website may contain links to other third-party websites. Such third-party sites are maintained by persons or organizations over which we exercise no control. We expressly disclaim any responsibility for the content or results from your use of such third-party links.
We respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide to us the following information, using our contact information below.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The location on the Site of the material that you claim is infringing;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that your claim of infringement is based on a good faith belief; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information you have provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- If any term or provision in the Agreement is found to be void, against public policy, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction and such finding or order becomes final with all appeals exhausted, then the offending provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable. If the offending provision cannot be so modified, then the same shall be deemed stricken from the Agreement in its entirety, and the remainder of this Agreement shall survive with the offending provision eliminated.
- Section headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
- Controlling Law and Venue. It is understood and agreed that all the construction and interpretation of this Agreement and the relationship between the parties shall at all times and in all respects be governed by the internal laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Any action brought to enforce or relating to this Agreement or arising out of the relationship between the parties shall be brought exclusively in the Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri.
Information Governance Group, LLC
Peter Sloan, Managing Member
4324 Belleview, Suite 201
Kansas City, MO 64111