Last revised October 6, 2023
The website infogovgroup.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Information Governance Group, LLC (“we” or “us”). The Site provides information related to the our legal and consulting services and other information related to data retention, management, and security issues (the “Services”).
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of our current and prospective clients and other users of the Site. However, some uses of non-personal and personal data we collect through your use of the Site are required for us to conduct legitimate business by providing information of interest to our current and prospective clients, or other users of the Site.
Notice to California Residents
Notice to Utah Residents
We do not collect personal data from users through their use of the Site and do not disclose such personal data to any third party.
- IP Address. We may log all connections the Site’s web servers. Those log files will include your IP address. An IP address is NOT Personal Data, but general information about your location, connection to the Internet, and your Internet Service Provider. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Site. Additionally, we may use your IP address to track your navigation of the Site and any website searches within the Site.
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small pieces of information stored in User’s browser that give the User a unique identification. The Site uses only Cookies that (1) create a user session ID, (2) counts the visits by one user, (3) recognize and collect user login information, (4) log user UNIX computer time, and (5) track views of every piece of the Site’s content. All cookies are established on a per session basis, and are not permanently stored on your machine. For more information about cookies, please visit AboutCookies.org.
- Clear Gifs. We may also employ software technology called clear gifs (also known as web beacons) that help us better manage content on our Sites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. Clear gifs and cookies are not tied to your personally identifiable information.
- Personal Data. We do not collect personal data through your access to or use of the Site.
We may use the data we collect from Site access and use to:
- customize the advertising and content you see on our Site or other websites;
- improve the performance or layout of our Site;
- develop new services and ideas; and
- better administer and troubleshoot our systems.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The Site does not treat browsers with a DNT signal differently from those without one. However, the Site does not collect personally identifiable information over time and across third-party web-sites or online services.
Change of Control
We may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such transactions, your data may be included in the transferred business assets.
We are committed compliance with the federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. You may “opt-out” of any communication from us at any time, and we will remove you from our mailing list. In addition, you may contact us at the address below and request to be removed from our mailing list.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
In compliance with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, our Site does not permit children under 13 years of age to become users, and we do not collect information from children. By using our Site, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
Privacy Policies of Other Sites
Information Governance Group, LLC
Peter Sloan, Managing Member
4324 Belleview, Suite 201
Kansas City, MO 64111